We Are Hiring!
Campus Activities Student Staff :(Apply via ConnestSC)
Finance Intern for Graduate Student Government (GSG): (Apply via ConnestSC)
About the Department:
Campus Activities is a department that houses different programs for students in order to build community and foster leadership development through co-curricular opportunities that enhance the Trojan experience. Campus Activities houses more than 1,000 student organizations, which are responsible for the majority of programs and events held on campus, including concerts, lectures, special events, spirit rallies, cultural and social events, and conferences. Late Night ‘SC is a program under Campus Activities where we provide students with free virtual and in- person events throughout the week, this includes Thursday Nights, Friday Nights, and Saturday Nights. These events are a great way for students to meet fellow students in a safe and welcoming environment.
Peer Leadership Team Duties:
- Support and promote overall mission of Campus Activities through the management of 1000+ registered student organizations.
- Assist with the student organization recognition process through reviewing documents, meeting with students, and providing general support.
- Complete financial paperwork such as requisitions, purchase orders, and reimbursements.
- Greet and direct office visitors.
- Complete various projects at the direction of administrators.
- Perform clerical duties such as answering phone calls, taking messages, processing mail, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Assist with the planning of various on-campus events planned by the Campus Activities department.
Late Night ‘SC Duties:
- Support and promote overall mission of Campus Activities and Late Night ‘SC.
- Assist Campus Activities programming team in planning, promoting, and executing all Late Night ‘SC events.
- Working all aspects that late night events entail, including check-in, set- up, distributing materials during events, and clean- up.
- Maintain a positive attitude when interacting with staff, students, and guests.
- Interacts with students attending events to ensure their satisfaction/ event exceeded their expectations.
- Working both in-person and virtual events.
- Be responsive to team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a current USC student.
- Must have availability to work nights and weekends.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Must be available to work in- person and virtual events.
- Must have Federal Work- Study.
Hours Per Week: 10- 20 Hours
By working the department, you will be able to gain experiences like leadership development and learning how to get involved on campus.
Finance Intern for Graduate Student Government (GSG)
This is a paid position working as a Finance Intern for Graduate Student Government (GSG). The main component of your work will involve processing payments via the university’s online funding application platform that disperses nearly $500,000+ yearly. This includes procuring requisitions and purchase order payments for student organizations applying for university funding.
You will also:
- Work alongside the GSG Finance Team to develop this university-wide web platform, tracking and communicating ways in which it could operate more efficiently
- Keep track of the Finance Intern email to lend assistance to hundreds of student organizations on university financial processes and procedures to prevent issues
- Collaborate alongside the GSG Finance directors to assist with yearly forecasting, budgeting, and reconciliation efforts
- Ability to follow directions, work with a team, and respond quickly
- Comfortable interacting with students
- Background in computer science or experience with coding and website development
Up to 20 hours weekly