Service Banquet and Service Awards
Every year in April, the Volunteer Center celebrates students’ commitment to service and leadership development through the Friends & Neighbors Day and Alternative Break Programs at our Annual Service Banquet. Invitations for the Service Banquet are sent in March to students that have participated in a significant way throughout the year in one or both of our programs.
The Banquet features:
- Presentations from students about the impact of FND and AB participants,
- Alternative Break Grant recipients show their Video Projects and Blogs detailing their journeys,
- Fun activities like a photo booth, henna artists, etc.
- Recognition of outstanding volunteers and leaders with Service Awards.
- The Community Service Award honors outstanding service work and commitment to the community.
- The Distinguished Leadership and Service Award honors exemplary leadership and service that has a lasting and significant impact upon our programs and/or the community.
- Nominations for these awards are submitted by Volunteer Center participants, advisers, student leaders, and staff.
Below is the list of students and leaders that were recognized with Awards for their dedication, service, and leadership on Sunday, April 8, 2018. Please join us in congratulating them!