AlcoholEdu® for College is an online science-based alcohol abuse prevention program that provides a tailored educational experience focusing on the impact of alcohol on the mind and body. Every incoming undergraduate student is required to take AlcoholEdu® for College and pass the course’s final exam. In this way, every student coming into the USC community has an appropriate and accurate understanding of alcohol and alcohol abuse.
Approximately 45% of incoming USC freshmen have consumed alcohol in the 6 months prior to coming to college. This number may seem different than what you had expected. Whether or not you decide as a student to drink while you are at USC, AlcoholEdu® for College will assist you in making a well-informed decision as well as assist in coping with the potential drinking behavior of your peers.
USC Student Health: Medical and Counseling and Mental Health Services for both UPC and HSC campuses
(213) 740-9355 (WELL)
- The on campus BASICS provider
- The Haven Outpatient Center is an inclusive, dynamic, innovative center of healing and exploration of identity that meets college students where they are. We offer a variety of evidence-based treatment services to accommodate the diverse clinical needs of young adults including Intensive Outpatient Program, Outpatient Program and Continuing Care. The Haven Outpatient Center is at the United University Church Building 4th Floor (817 W. 34th St.) — covered by Aetna Insurance
- The Mentoring & Monitoring Program (M&M) is an innovative harm reduction program developed by the Haven at College leveraging recent findings from a Harvard University study which indicate the connection between peer support and positive recovery outcomes (Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, May 2016). This program is designed to change unhealthy behaviors, improve student conduct, and allow students to take a hard and informed look at their substance use patterns. M&M provides drug testing, recovery mentors, clinical support and community inclusion to assist students in regaining balance in their lives. Total abstinence is not required. — covered by Aetna insurance
- The Haven Recovery Residence provides a peer-driven, clinically supervised community for students in recovery — there are 2 live in house managers who are students in recovery. Students receive a weekly
- FREE substance-free activities and events throughout the year that are open to ALL USC students
- 2 all-inclusive all recovery meetings on Friday 5pm and Sunday 6pm at The Haven Outpatient Center for ALL USC students who may be interested in learning more about recovery or getting connected to a recovery community.
Non USC Resources
English (323) 936-4343
en Español (323) 750-2039
Adult Children of Alcoholics
Family Anonymous Drug Abuse
National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependency