Game Day on USC’s Campus is an experience like no other! Our goal is to ensure that fans of all ages enjoy a safe and entertaining experience. Please keep the following campus policies in mind so that all Trojan fans get the most out of all pre-game festivities. To help all Trojan fans get ready, we’ve also prepared a Tailgate Policy Quick Guide:
- Tailgating and open containers are strictly prohibited at USC Village.
- All organizational tailgate parties (50+ people) must register with the USC Tailgate Reservations at least three weeks prior to Game Day. Questions may be directed to email@example.com. A tailgate permit is required if your group:
- has more than 50 guests.
- has a tent larger than 10′ x 20′.
- requires more than 20′ x 20′ in space.
- has a keg or common source container.
- Use of any USC electricity or outlets that are not provided through a tailgate permit is strictly prohibited.
- No glass containers are permitted.
- Setting up, marking off, or holding a tailgate space before 6 AM on game day is not permitted. Reserved spaces are for approved Tailgate Permits only. Tailgating ends at kick off.
- Amplified sound that is audible from more than 5 ft. away or over 80 decibels is prohibited.
- Cars and catering or delivery trucks may not drive into the center of campus.
- BBQs must be at least 15 ft. from all buildings, tents, and overhangs. Coals must be fully extinguished and cooled down, and placed in designated, non-combustible cans after use.
- Activities cannot include any games involving alcohol or alcohol-paraphernalia.
- Trash must be disposed of in proper receptacles and tailgates are responsible for returning their area to its original state before departing campus.
- Only university-affiliated groups with a valid tailgate permit may sell admission or any products (including food, drinks, merchandise, etc.) at their campus tailgate.
- Signage or tents with commercial name or location are not allowed.
All tailgate organizers, participants, and individuals are expected to comply with campus regulations on tailgating, and to comply with local, county, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
All tailgate organizers must familiarize themselves with official USC tailgate policies.
Galen Center – Alcoholic Beverages
The USC Galen Center provides primary space for USC men and women’s basketball and volleyball. The center also provides space for other university, community, and commercial events. The purpose of this policy is to establish rules for the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages at athletic and non-athletic events held at the Galen Center.
Sale and Distribution
Alcoholic beverages may be sold and/or distributed only by authorized concessionaires in accordance with the terms of the service agreements, USC Athletic Department, NCAA and Pac-12 policies, the USC Drug-Free policy, and licensing requirements of the State of California Departments of Alcoholic Beverage Control. All concession contracts for the Galen Center may be negotiated by the Athletic Department and may not be finalized until after review by the Office of the General Counsel and approval by the Senior Vice President for Administration. Alcoholic beverages brought in or provided by other than the authorized concessionaire are prohibited at all events.
No alcoholic beverages will be available for sale to the general public at athletic events in the Galen Center. Alcoholic beverages will be available for sale to guests in the Founders Room and private suites but may be consumed only in those areas and may not be transported to areas open to the general public. Entrance to the Founders Room and suites must be limited to Founders and suite holders and their guests and shall not be open to the general public before, during or after an athletic event. Those attending athletic events may not bring alcoholic beverages into the center.
With appropriate permits and permission granted by the Director of Athletics or his designee, the authorized concessionaire may sell alcoholic beverages in both public and private areas of the Galen Center at age-appropriate, non-athletic events. Permission may include restrictions on the type of alcoholic beverages allowed to be sold (e.g., only beer and wine).
Only alcoholic beverages with less than 6% alcohol by volume (e.g., beer, wine) will be available for sale to the general public at non-athletic events in the Galen Center. Alcoholic beverages with greater than 6% alcohol by volume (e.g., “hard liquor”) will be available for sale to guests in the Founders Room and private suites, but may only be consumed in those areas and may not be transported to areas open to the general public.