The Tommy’s – Student Organization & Leadership Awards
At USC, Recognized Student Organizations significantly contribute to campus life. Our more than 850 recognized student organizations also play a large role in the development of students. Campus Activities created “The Tommy’s” as a means to celebrate the year through the accomplishments and achievements of our student organizations. The Tommy’s are a series of awards designed to honor the achievements of Recognized Student Organizations and their officers.
Applications are due Monday, March 6 at 5:00pm:
Applications can be found here: Click Here
Recipients will be announced on Wednesday, April 19th (5pm-7pm) at the 13th Annual Tommy Awards Ceremony.
Note: The application has seen some changes from previous years. If you have any additional questions feel free to email us at email@example.com
2017 Tommy Awards:The Tommy Awards Ceremony Categories
- Academic Organization Award: Honors an organization that has successfully promoted a strong academic culture and intellectual curiosity at USC.
- Adviser of the Year Award: Honors an adviser who has gone above and beyond the call of duty in their role.
- Campus Impact Award: Honors an organization that has focused on giving back to the USC campus in unique, innovative ways.
- Collaborative Program Award: Honors two or more organizations that partnered to create a collaborative program with a wide reach on USC’s campus.
- Community Outreach Award: Honors an organization/club or program that has had a significant, measurable impact on the community surrounding the USC campus.
- Cultural Organization Award: Honors an organization that gives students the opportunity for cultural expression on campus.
- Diversity Program Award: Honors an organization that has promoted and exemplified diversity on campus.
- First Year Leadership Award: Honors a freshman who has been actively engaged in the USC community during their first year.
- Innovative Program Award: Honors a new and creative program that has sparked students’ interests and passions.
- Legacy Award: Honors a student who is in their final year of USC and has left a lasting impact on their organization and the SC community as a whole.
- Mindfulness Award: Honors an organization that has promoted the holistic well-being of students.
- New Organization Award: Honors a new organization that has made great strides to engage students on the USC campus.
- Officer Leadership Award: Honors a leader who has given back not only to their organization, but to the USC campus.
- Organization of the Year: Honors one organization that has gone above and beyond to give back to the USC community and has made a meaningful impact on campus.
- Performance Organization Award: Honors an organization that allows students to express themselves through the arts.
- Political Organization Award: Honors an organization that has promoted civic engagement and political activism at USC.
- Recreational Organization Award: Honors an organization that provides USC students an outlet for fun and self-expression.
- Rising Member Award: Honors a sophomore or junior student who has uniquely contributed to the USC community.
- Rising Organization Award: Honors an organization that has greatly expanded in size, attendance, programs, activities, and impact since the previous year.
- Sustainable Program Award: Honors a program that sought to increase sustainability and environmental consciousness on USC’s campus.
- Trojan Spirit Award: Honors an organization that promotes the ideals of a Trojan (faithful, scholarly, ambitious, courageous, skillful) around campus and encourages students to Fight On!