Leadership, Education, and Development
L.E.A.D. Certificate is a formal leadership development seminar focused on developing personal, group and community values. The seminar fosters leadership development through 8-weeks of classroom discussions aim to deepen self-awareness, build self-confidence, and establish interpersonal & cultural competence.
This unique opportunity allows students to work in teams to design a community project to address a social need in the community.
|L.E.A.D. Certificate Overview|
|Seminar||10-weeks||Infused with leadership research and theory, you will become self-aware of beliefs, values, attitudes, and emotions that motivate you to take action.|
|Weekly Reflections||8||Submit weekly reflections to better understand ideas and concepts covered in the classroom.|
|StrengthsFinder Assessment||1||Clifton StrengthsFinder results give people a way to discuss and develop their unique combination of skills, talents, and knowledge — also known as strengths.|
|Community Project||1||Students will design and implement a resolution to a social issue in the community|
Upon completing the program, you will earn a L.E.A.D Certificate promoting the competencies you have developed. This certificate will highlight your involvement on campus and overall leadership abilities.
Benefits of Completion:
- L.E.A.D. Certificate for your résumé and portfolio
- Gain practical and applicable knowledge that can lead to success and productivity on the job, at your internship, in your student organization, or in your community
- Develop and enhance a personal philosophy of leadership that includes an understanding of self, groups, and your community.
- Upon completion, the L.E.A.D. Certificate will appear on your official academic transcript
- Upon completion, students will receive a graduation cord
Students must be in good academic standing with the University. This program is intended for Junior – Graduate Students.
Junior & Senior Seminar: September 20th – November 22nd, Wednesdays from 12 p.m.– 1:30 p.m.
Deadline to apply: September 18, 2017 (Closed)
Graduate Student Seminar: January 24th – April 4th, Wednesdays from 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Deadline to apply: November 1, 2017
Click here to apply to the L.E.A.D. Certificate
For more information, e-mail: email@example.com